Friday, 26 August 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Yellow Christmas


Challenges:

Cr84fn Colour Challenge - Yellow, Kraft, Neutrel









Wild Orchid challenge -Sketch






Cupcake Craft challenges -Giftcard holder


Yes, I feel crazy to be making another Christmas card before October (this is still very early for me to be thinking about Xmas cards lol) but I needed to come up with a design for a friend's craft class. I saw the colour combo over at Cr84fn Colour Challenge, and thought it'd be fun to try something different for a festive cards in terms of colours.

I've layered kraft, white card and this yellow/gold damask paper, and got my doilies out again (can't seem to get enough of these recently!) topped with a stitched circle. I love music / script papers at Christmas, and used my fave 7Gypsies paper for the central rectangle, which has been edged with TH Brackets die. I've used hand rolled roses,  made by cutting a spiral into a circle, then inking the edges, spritzing with water, scrunching and fold the edges back and then rolling into a rose. All out of simple white paper. I added a touch of glitter as it is a Christmas card! The Cherry Blossom paper blooms have been flecked with paint for a 'snowy' look, while the leaves were distressed around the edges and inked.







The fun part of this card is the pull out tag. Just a standard kraft tag I decorated and stamped which has been tucked under the square, which was lifted with foam to allow the tag to move freely.
scrunched seam binding, which I coloured with a yellow Pro Marker and ran under the tap to dilute the colour, and pearl snowflake tops the tag off.






Cherry Blossom flowers and small pearls, Wild Orchid Crafts
Music Note paper, 7Gypsies
Yellow Damask paper, Pink Petticoat
Snowflake paper (on circle) Dovecraft
Kraft card
Pearl snowflake, Artoz
Tim Holtz 'Brackets' die
Doily



17 comments:

  1. Stunning. Beautiful. Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful gift card and perfick with the little pull out tag! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, such pretty details. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the 3D blossoms! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I gasped when I saw this! Absolutely stunning, it's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Fran, the colours and details are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this card!!!! Georgeous creation in beautiful colours, and lots of pretty details! Thanks for joining us at WOC, hope to see you again another time :)
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so gorgeous...LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty!!! It would even be perfect for a wedding or graduation with a switch out of the sentiment and snowflakes. I love the pearls and the little bits of trims peeking out.
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fran, Congrats on being chosen as a Terrific Top 3 for this challenge. Your card is gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to try my hand at some of those rolled roses. Yours are exquisite.
    ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absolutely stunning, have just enjoyed a browse around your blog.. you are such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular! What a gift card holder. Congratulations on being selected in the TOP THREE! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Congratulations for being among the Terrific Top 3:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness this is amazing! What a gorgeous beauty! Congrats on making Top 3 at WOCC! We were so happy to have you join us!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW!!!! this is just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fran, I just had to stop by and both congratulate you on the challenge over @ CR84FN, and to let you know how ultra fantastic your card is! WOW! I love all the attention and work that went into creating such a fabulous card! WOW! Simply gorgeous! (I too, love music paper, but don't always use it correctly, thank you for an idea.)
    hugs, sharon w

    ReplyDelete