Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Forests Are Full

 Hello friends!

I have a cute and compact little project to share with you today which is over on the Mixed Media Place blog.

I love making what I call micro canvases which I can also use in a frame as a gift, stick onto a card or even add to the front of a journal cover and I have a little stash of them ready for all kinds of projects and ideas.
The are colours for this project are not usually ones I naturally gravitate to but I really like the end result which was fresh and forest like with black accents to create a dramatic colour scheme.


 

To begin with I blended Distress inks and oil pastels for the background and used the Finnabair Netting stencil with black ink to create the mesh pattern then inked around the edges for further definition.



I chose part of a sentance out of an old book for the title which was the perfect inspiration for my "green" idea.


Using a couple of backgorund stamps from the Rust and Dust set, I  stamped onto card and layered these with die cut canvas pieces which have been coloured with oil pastels.


I finished by decorating with a large metal flower, wooden embellishments, a piece of lace flower and some broken plaster frames from my stash - proof that everything can come in use at some point!



Have a lovely creative week
xxx 


4 comments:

  1. Love this Fran...not colours i would usually use but seeing this i will certainly give them a go...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Not my go-to colors either but you make it look stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, love the funky side here!

    ReplyDelete