Friday 8 April 2016

Nature's Abode

Hey everyone!

I have some inspiration for you over on the WOW! blog today and this month we have a Spring theme going on. I love Spring and wanted to create a project that epitomises it for me so I went with a cute altered tin lid filled with foliage.

 



I was inspired by the beautiful colours of Spring and the mix of rustic textures mixed with soft pastels and flowers.


I have used the Flights of Fancy leaves stamped onto acetate with WOW clear embossing ink then sprinkled the leaves with Under The Sea, Bluetiful, White Pearl and Metallic Copper powders. I then melted the powder to create a 3D warped effect, as the acetate distorts with the heat and sets into a realistic shape once cool.Stamping details have been added to the background paper using a stamp from the Sparkle & Shine with clear embossing ink and Opaque White powder.



For the "nest" I mixed Melt-It powder with Metallic Copper and Opaque White powder to create a beige colour and poured onto a heat resistant mat in a swirl. The little vellum butterfly has been coloured with an embossing pen and highlighted with Bluetiful embossing powder which gives a lovely semi translucent finish.
Coastal embossing glitter around the edges of the tin and onto the tissue paper border adds a lovely shimmer and texture to the project.



I hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment