Monday 14 November 2016

Security Journalling


A warm hello to you all!

Today's post is a "just because" journal page, which I created in about 25 minutes from start to finish. It was one of those free flowing creations which had little planning put into it (the best way) but was something created for me, no pressure, nothing complicated, just born from some thoughts I had knocking around my head at the time which I just put through onto the page.

The way art journalling should be really.



 

sticker which came from a clothing order (I'm an avid online shopper, can't you tell? ;) ) and the moment I saw it I knew I had to use it on a page of mine. The feeling of security: whether it's a physical or mental place, it's the one you return to for security, like a comfort blanket.
 
 

The creation was simple; gesso spread onto the page, a sprinkle of Prima Finnabair mini art stones, pencils, inks, some stenciling with light texture paste and a stamp.








The bright red of the sticker matched with rich warm colours of Ecoline water colour inks (yellow ochre, vermillion and scarlet) that I'd picked out. I love this combination , adding in brown sepia gives almost a burnt look to the fiery colour scape. 








I hope you enjoyed enjoyed today post!


Hugs until next time



xxx

2 comments: