Thursday 23 March 2017

Spring Sparkles card

Hello everyone!


I'm sharing a quick and simple Spring inspired card today filled with bright fresh colours and some added bling with WOW! Sparkles glitter and embossing powder.
I started off by applying soft gel medium to the edges of the card which I then covered with Pumpkin Spice Sparkles glitter to create a blingy border frame and to add some definition.

I've kept the back ground of the card relatively simple with a layer of gesso spread over patterned to give a white washed look and then stamped with the honeycomb stamp from the Heart & Twine set.


Some gesso and glitter makes a big difference to paper flowers!





To embellish I've used a selection of flowers, feather and resin embellishment which I created with WOW Melt-it powder, which I made by mixing 1tbsp tablespoon of Melt-It powder with 1tsp of Avocado embossing powder in a foil tin and then melting the powders together. Once melted I poured the liquid into WOW's feather silicone mould to create a resin embellishment. To finish I added some glue on the tip of the feather and sprinkled with Seahorse glitter to co-ordinate with the real feather which it nestles alongside.



Hope you enjoyed a quick simple Spring card!



Warm hugs
xxx


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.....I love the feathers. I recently created some resin feathers and was wanting to liven so of them up so may give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration 😊

    ReplyDelete