Friday 11 November 2011

Bejewelled


It's Sharon's turn as challenge - setter  over at Daring Cardmakers and this week she'd set the theme:  cards inspired by Jewellery - you can be inspired by the colour, the stone, or the design. 

I've picked out the colours and pearls/gems from this bracelet from Moxie Fab World :



I've used this gorgeous Basic Grey 'Glacier' paper for the base and punched a border from graph card. The are doilies coloured with Pro Markers and layered a circle cut from another one of my favourite Christmas papers (October Afternoon 'Sugar Cookies').

I made a sort of wreath from paper roses and die cut snowflakes covered in glass glitz glitter, while the large snowflake is chipboard painted in Crackle Paint and sprinkled with the aforementioned glitter.



The 'Joy' greeting is with stitching details on the letters. Finished off with a tea stained seam binding bow and this wonderful diamond like (I wish!) gem that was recycled from an old notebook.



Thanks for looking!

Challenges:
Moxie Fab World  - Beads & Baubles
Card Patterns - Sketch 140
Papertake Weekly - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Recycle


9 comments:

  1. So very very `beautiful` as always Fran TFI:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Just a fabulous stunning card! Am amazed at all the gorgeous elements! Love how you added stitching to the "joy" sentiment. Lovely huge gem on the ribbon...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I knew this card was for the Moxie Fab challenge as soon as I saw it! It's a perfect take for this challenge, I love it! you deserve to win this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card! I love that bracelet, the colours are so pretty and you've re-created it beautifully. I bet your card looks even more amazing in real life with all that glass glitter sparkling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is just amazing Fran - it looks so decadently expensive! :D Can I ask what glue you used to adhere the glitter? I have some lovely German glass glitter but haven't managed to work out the best glue to use for sticking it onto accents and flowers like you have done so amazingly here. Simply gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Well, I'm just going to linger here... for a WHILEEEEEE! WOW! {Did I say, "Wow?"} WOW!!!!!!! THIS is BEYOND splendid! YOUR use of the Card Patterns sketch has me ready to use it all over again!!! But ONLY if I can pull off elegance of THIS level! WOW! THIS is wonderful! TRULY! Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL work with Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty...love the stitching to accent the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bling - and your 'diamond' is gorgeous!Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly Challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Fran! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete