Friday 25 November 2011

Santa, Baby


It's Samm turn as Dare-Host this week at Daring Cardmakers and she'd like us to show some 
Moustaches, Tashes, Mustaches and Furry Facial Hair
on your cards this week!

I've gone down the (obvious!) route this week with Santa, and my favourite Festive colours - Aqua, Red and Kraft card.

My card is base on the Mojo Monday sketch, with lots of cool tags and labels. I've used corrugated card as a base layer and run a paint dabber over to highlight (Jenni Bowlin 'Malted Milk') then layered with gingham paper and ruffed the edges up. I've used a strip of hessian sack and added strips of this fab October Afternoon paper decorated with ribbon and seam binding. The corrugated stars have been embellished with buttons, hessian twine with little beads tied onto the ends.

Thanks for reading :)


Challenges:
Papertake Weekly  - Christmas Crackers
Simon Says Stamps - Tag You're It
Mojo Monday - Sketch 216



6 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite colour combo, especially for Christmas. The Santa image is fab, and I love the hessian on here, great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the corrugated look and hessian. I never would have thought to use Santa!
    Carla
    http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the country feel of this card, it's perfect!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    Please stop by and say hello!
    xo Kristina
    www.PearlGateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lovely card Fran, your paper and colours are fabulous, I love the hessian and corrugated catd and the adorable Santa.

    Thansk so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    xxHeatherxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Fran!! I love that color combo!! Cute Santa too!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete