Monday 5 October 2015

Inspiration Monday #2

It's Monday again already huh? Greetings to you all! I'm back here today with the second installment of Inspiration Monday, with a slightly different form of inspiration.


This quote was a find from Pinterest and has stuck with me this week for a multitude of reasons and got me thinking about the need for failure in order to (eventually) achieve an objective.

 I think sometimes we all need a reminder that most things, especially any form of art or craft is not something you can just be perfect or successful instantly without some mess ups along the way.


Do your sit at your desk despairing over the project in front of you? Trying and trying and it not working out? Well that's OK... and this is where our quote comes in. Often to get good at something you need to have "failed" more times than you care to remember, mess up, practice, mess up practice etc etc.

Maybe there's a disapproving voice in the back of your mind saying you're a bit rubbish if you don't get things pitch (or picture) perfect first few times around. But that isn't realistic is it?! Creativity is fun when you try things without actually being too hung up the end result. I made it, I've learnt something from this experience, I'll do this that or the other differently next time - then move on.

Nor is it about sitting at your desk and creating the best thing ever every time. I used to think this in the past, but then realised when creating it's often more about the process rather than the end result. The more processes you go through, the better your overall work will be and the more "gems" will pop up. A win!!

I hope you can find some encouragement and inspiration from this week's quote!


Wishing you all a happy and creative week




1 comment:

  1. You are so right Fran, I love this quote! Have a lovely week <3

    ReplyDelete