Friday 24 June 2016

The Journey - WOW! MIxed Media card tutorial



Hey everyone! I hope you are well and feeling creative today. Over on the WOW! embossing powder blog the month's theme is Summer and I went for a less obvious route as inspiration for the project; journeys. Summer is all about holidays, trips out, getting out and enjoying the light, warmth (occasionally!) and possibilities it brings.



I firstly gessoed the front of the card and added the main texture of tulle net which I adhered with soft gel medium, sprinkled with embossing powders onto then melted with a heat tool .
Using a WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing pad to tap around the edges of the card I then sprinkled with Copper powder to add a dramatic metallic highlight. 



On top of the net details I added a foiled die cut star and stamped leaf from the Feathers of Fancy
with the Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing pad. I sprinkled the images with Bonding Powder then melted with a heat tool and lightly pressed Teal and Copper Fab Foil onto the stamped details. Leave to cool, lift off and hey presto! For some further interest I layered stamped multiple images using the Sparkle & Shine set.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and feel inspired to give mixed media with embossing powders a try!


Have a wonderfully creative Friday.

 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment