Friday 5 August 2011

August Flowers



This week it's the first challenge of a new month at Daring Cardmakers, so we'd like you to use the flowers associated with the month of August as the starting point for your cards. August's flowers are
Poppies and Gladioli. You have a choice of using either flower, or go the whole hog and use both of them as the inspiration for your cards!


For my card I chose a poppy, as I had some new Crate Paper rub ons that I wanted to use. I started with die cutting a scalloped card blank and layered a doily on top. I cut a smaller circle and layered die cut strips of card then made a concertina flower, which I've embellished with a stamped doily I cut out and my poppy rub on. I cut the leaves from an Echo Park embellishment which I thought looked rather good! Topped the card off with a tissue bow - I love these, I think they add a nice flair to projects.



And the Challenges...

Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
The Shabby Tearoom Mix 'n' Match - use 3 or more papers

My Minds Eye 'Hazel' papers
Crate Paper 'Restoration' rub ons
Pink Paislee doily stamp from 'Butterfly Garden' collection
Perfect Pearls
Epoxy Button
Tissue paper
Twine




9 comments:

  1. Fran, this is beautiful; I love the color combo, and your big bow is wonderful !! Great shape...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwww I soo love this card!!!
    Beautiful colours and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Fran - I adore these beautiful colours, patterns and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Fran ... love the color palette and round shaped card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - I love the papers and the layering, that ribbon is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. magic colors! pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Fran - I love the pink aqua combo and those Crate rub-ons are lush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo pretty! I love the shape and all the wonderful texture and patterns! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absoltly `Gorgeous` Fran...such a delight to catch up...Enjoy the rest of your week:) x

    ReplyDelete