Monday 19 September 2011

Vintage White



Well it's my first week on the DT over at the The Shabby Tearoom! Week #80's challenge is to
take inspiration from this beautiful inspiration photo and create a card or project using all neutrals - white, cream, kraft, brown, black.


This week's sponsor is Ellephantastic, and TSTR winner will receive 4 digi images of their choice.


So, onto my card - I loved the idea of using neutrels so much I made to projects!

My first being this card. I've used soft papers, lace and doilies to match the delicate tones and textures of the inspiration pic. For the centre frame I embossed some kraft card and lightly swept some white paint over it to to highlight, then used this fab brown rub on frame and finally this gorgeous Melissa Frances frame backed with a vintage image and little bird I cut from paper.

I made the flower by gathering layering different laces whch I've secured with a brad. The little 'pebble' at the top of the card was made with a magnifying resin stone, which I backed with a small piece of paper and decorated with some pearls.







For my second, I made a little tag and used this cute little witch digi stamp (Halloween Charlotte from Ellephantastic) coloured in with Pro Markers and a touch of glitter. Sanded wood textured Core'dinations topped with a doily and this fab spider web (cut from a sheet of paper). Painted corrugated card, Bakers Twine and a fun sentiment give it an extra spooky feel!







Check out the Shabby Girls blogs for some more inspiration:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Deb's Simple Treasures

Charlene Cundy - Expressions Of Me!

Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Melissa Bove - Creating From The Heart

Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards


9 comments:

  1. Welcome to The Shabby Tea Room!! Love your card and tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration .. the first shabby card is amazing with all it's intricate detail. The second card using the sponsor image is precious -- I adore how you used the spider web paper and have colored her dress in black -- wonderful inspiration for your first official week as a Shabby Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING cards! Way to make your debut! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an adorable creation all round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fran, this is my first time here. I came to visit your blog from TSTR. Congratulations on making to the Design Team. I love your work.. your cards are stunning and the close-ups are gorgeous!! Have a nice day!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww I so love your beautiful card!!
    Super cute tag! :)

    ♥ Inger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just jaw dropping gorgeous on your card...WOW!!! Such a work of beauty! I love every inch of it!!! Love the tag too with rich color and darling witch! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous inspiration! Congratulations on making to the Design Team. And thank you for visiting my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete