Monday 26 March 2012

A Box of Tricks



Over at the Daring Cardmakers blog it's my turn as dare-setter this week and I'd like you to feature a box, or something box-shaped on your projects - it could be a 3D project, decorated box, box shaped embellishments...once you start thinking outside the box (!) you can come up with some fun ideas!
We hope you have fun with this week's challenge and we're looking forward to seeing your Boxing Clever creations.




I've used papers and flowers from Prima's new Songbird range, which I think is perfect for Easter! This plain wooden bird house has been painted with acrylic paints, then had a coat of Crackle Paint on the roof (in Picket Fence) and highlighted with Aqua paint dabber. I'm in love with the cute little Prima bird's nests and popped on top of some green seam binding I snipped up to resemble grass! And of course the house wouldn't be comple without a birdie, and I've used a resin songbird which has been spritzed with glimmer mist.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my.. I'm speechless..
    This is GORGEOUS Fran!! Where do I begin?!? A true work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.....love love alllll these shabby layers.....so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just gorgeous!!! I love every detail of it... this is perfect!
    Now I must go back and look at the rest of your blog ;)
    Tove

    ReplyDelete