Monday 6 August 2012

Retro Colours



We have a new challenge over at The Ribbon Reel blog, and Zuzana is our fabulous host this fortnight and asks we create a card / project using the COLOURS FROM THE PHOTO, FLOWERS plus RIBBON / LACE / TWINE!




Here I've used some Crate Paper denim paper (from their 'Random' collection) which is plain enough to work well with the bright ribbons and lightly splattered with white paint. I've snipped the playing card out 12x12 paper (Crate Paper 'Restoration' range) and layered with a scallop border, ticket and washi tape. This cute pom pom trim is just so tactile which I just love and matches perfectly with the felt flower.







Twill stripe in Champagne, Orange Grosgrain Dot, Aqua Pom Pom Trim, Organic Cotton in Light Blue all available from The Ribbon Reel.






4 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous Fran, I love the fab layers, and the retro feel. I love the blue Pom Pom trim too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool Fran. I really have my eye on those papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fran! This is so neat! Love the retro look you created and all the fun embellishments! Great take on the inspiration photo - so happy to be playing with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous retro card Fran, I love that paper (must go shopping!) xx

    ReplyDelete