Friday 19 August 2011

Banksy



It's Samm's turn to set the dare at Daring Cardmakers this week and her challenge is:
'Inspired by Banksy'

If you're not aware of who he is, then pop on by to Banksy.co.uk and take a look at some of his amazing street art across the world - you could also try a Google Image search on "Banksy" to find lots of fabulous ideas for your card.
So now is your chance to dig out those stencils, use that paint, throw in a few ironic sayings and give your card some 'street life' and show us what you've created.





I must admit, this challenge was a bit of a 'head scratcher' at first - how do you translate the artwork onto card? After perousing the internet for some time I came across this image which I thought would be fun to use. Now obviously I didn't want to make a 'love rat' card, so I've modified the image lol.


I printed out our furry friend and used a white ink pad to create highlighted fur. I've heavily distressed the edges of the card and used ink and paint to highlight them. I hand painted the text and then flicked the paint brush over the card to create paint drops. The heart in the corner has had the same treatment, and I've added to the grungy look by using staples as an embellishment.








5 comments:

  1. Great Banksy image and I love your take on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant card! I love the rats he uses in his work and this is a brilliant way to translate it into a card, love it! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fab - great interpretation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did chuckle at the Love Rat card - I'm sure there must be a market somewhere....

    I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome little dude! Fantastic for the challenge! Thanks for joining in!

    Samm
    X

    ReplyDelete