Friday 12 August 2011

So Kawaii



At Daring Cardmakers we have a new challenge this week, and it's Leo's first dare - she wants us to create cards that are So Kawaii!

Kawaii means anything that is lovable, hug-able and basically cute! Think Hello Kitty and food with smiley faces. Most of the colours in kawaii are sugary, fun and bright so we want to see a little fun bright pop colour too. If you're totally stumped this week check out this Kawaii blog for some super cute inspiration, Super Cute Kawaii


Well brace yourself people! This project is bit of a change for me lol,  but I really enjoyed doing something completely different. And I got to use some old stash up, yay :)




I started with a kraft card blank and layered card and these fab Doodlebug paper borders (old stash)
I had the die cut lattice lying around for a good long time, which I used to add some interest to the plain lime card. I cut an uneven sqaure frame with a craft knife and popped a couple of die cut / embossed squares in the centre. The bunny image is from the internet, which I accented with a cute pom pom tail, Glossy Accent eyes and a little flag cake decoration.
I made the star springs by coiling memory wire and attaching stars, sanded uneven circles and buttons.






A bit mad, but So Kawaii!

Papermania 8x8 kraft card blank
Doodlebug 'Paper Frills'
Glitter doodle border and dot paper, Doodlebug
Core'dinations 'Balck Magic' card
Small Kawaii stickers, Paperchase
DMC memory wire
Pink Petticoat greeting and pink doodles paper





4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderfully kawaii - I adore the springs. Fabulous card Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this card Fran!!! xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those star springs, and the colours are gorgeous! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and I love those spring flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete