Tuesday 2 August 2011

Once Upon A Time



I'll be entering this card into:

The Shabby Tearoom - Mix & Match / 3 or more patterned papers


Card Patterns - Sketch 126

The City Crafter - Vintage Garden (CCCB#67 ); taking inspiration from this gorgeous photo :-


 







When I first saw these inspiration pics, I was instantly inspired by the colours and patterns - and knew I had some papers that were made for this! Said papers are from Pink Petticoat's 'Vintage Rose' collection, which I've used as strips.  I painted this beautiful ornate chipboard frame with Crackle paint and used this as the focal point, and decorated the frame with flowers that have been flecked with paint, I really like the dimension it gives the flowers and pleased I gave it a go! Also used was a corrugated heart with (more) paint and some stamens and a resin rose. The bird is a Tim Holtz die cut which I've inked.




I finished off with a Basic Grey rub on greeting and paper twine and lace bow topped with a little brad and pearl embellishment I made.




 Pink Petticoat 'Vintage Rose' and script paper from 'Perfect Papers'
 Tim Holtz 'Birdcage' die
Martha Stewart 'Doily Lace' punch
Time Holtz Crackle Paint in 'Picket Fence'
Mulberry flowers and stamens
Leaf die
Lace, grosgrain, paper twine


11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is breathtaking, so beautiful, so romantic, thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous.. I just love it.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is stunning ... so dreamy and pretty ... thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, this is dreamy...love the softness, the little heart, the birdie, the frame, the writing behind the frame...well, you know what, I just LOVE it all ....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, so romantic!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and romantic, feminine and light. Your card gives off such lovely vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! That is gorgeous!! Absolutely stunning! I can give you my addy, if you'd like!?? ;)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Clunk!* THIS is AMAZING! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply stunning! I love your blog and this card is beautiful! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete