Tuesday 7 April 2015

Spring Tin


Hello everyone and belated Easter Greetings to you all! We're feeling all the joys of Spring over at Mixed Media Place today with this altered tin lid.



For me, Spring and Easter time are favourite projects to create. I love the brighter colours, rustic elements combined with beautiful pastel eggs.

I have had an old tin lid which has been knocking around for so long gathering dust so I decided to put it to good use with this project!


 I've used half a cardboard egg and painted it with Heavy Gesso then added random letters to spell out "Easter"and gave another coat of gesso. I then added highlights with watercolour pencils and Ecoline paints plus a spray of white Color Bloom mist.


The tin lid has been lined with old lace scraps then painted over with Chalkboard Paints and sprayed with Color Bloom mists. Using Mica Flakes and Glass Beads in 3D Gloss Gel, once dry I added another layer of Chalk Paint (Golden and Golden Olive).

Gorgeous flowers highlighted with Claudine Hellmuth mini acrylic paint and Primary Elements English Lavender.







I hope you enjoy your Spring time crafting as much as I do!


 Hugs,
 

1 comment:

  1. Fran,
    So very, very pretty. It reminds me a bit of the little fairy homes people make - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete