Monday 9 April 2012

Birthday Bash



Greetings dear readers! Over at The Shabby Tearoom, Rebekah is our fabby shabby host this week and asks we create card or project with a BIRTHDAY THEME plus A CUPCAKE IMAGE or SHAPE!



 
This week I've tried something I've wanted to for ages - stamping onto Fimo clay! This technique is SO simple - I rolled and Fimo and used a heart cutter for the shape then inked my stamp up and stamped into the soft clay and off then baked! For some added birthday glamour, the heart has been adorned with silver tinsel.

I've knotted small scraps of fabric for the border and finished of with a big pretty voile bow, decorated with a felt star and button! 
Our sponsor this week is Digital Delights By Louby Loo who are giving away a $5 gift voucher to the weeks' Tearoom winner.  We would love to see you play along!


The Shabby Girls:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Deb's Simple Treasures

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That is the Question

Rebekah Faries Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons  - The Paper Chase

Tammy Roberts - Paperie Sweetness


4 comments:

  1. Fran you are so creative! I love your stamping into clay and the knotted fabric, what a wonderful project!

    Hugs,
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fab! I did a double take when you mentioned stamping on fimo. That is awesome! Love the fabric element:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran I love the stamping on Fimo & the knotted fabric looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fran, I saw your beautiful card at the shabby tea room and hopped over this way. I love the softness of the colours and the fabric and the cupcake into the fimo. Such a great idea. Gorgeous! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete