Tuesday 3 April 2012

Happy Easter


Hello again! We have another wonderful fortnightly challenge over at The Ribbon Reel and I am your host this week and I've chosen this beautiful Spring inspiration photo and ask that you create a card / project inspired by the COLOURS in the photo PLUS an EASTER / SPRING THEME!


I wanted to do something a little different this time, so decided I'd use a cardboard egg box to decorate up - with a little surprise inside!

I started by painting with Aqua paint, then toned the colour down with a white paint dabber. I then flicked with Tattered Angels shimmer mist (in Crushed Shell) to recreate a speckled egg.

Then for the fun part - decorating up with ribbons, trim, feathers, flowers, eggs and I couldn't resist using a mini cotton spool which I wrapped with ribbon.

 

The inside of the egg has been Decopatched - covering with adhesive then with ripped up pages of an old book and then another layer of adhesive to seal. I've filled the inside with this little birdie, nest and branches and a stamped greeting onto ribbon.



all available from The Ribbon Reel.





7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Fran this is stunning, every little bit is just adorable!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW Fran!! This is absolutely amazing - the outside is gorgeous enough, but the inside - what a treat for the eyes!! So beautifully done - all those sweet details! I love the little branches, flowers and the little birdie - love the book paper and I could even make out a reference to 'The birds' in text in the background. Fabulous project!!
    Helen - TRR DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous egg,,,so stunningly beautiful,,,LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fran, that's one very pretty egg, beautiful! It's so sweet and cosy. I love the freshness of the blue and the cute little flowers and branches. Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super idea for the challenge! My eyes lit up when I saw your photo so many beautiful details, it must have taken ages to design. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seen the reference to birds that Helen pointed out, how very clever x

    ReplyDelete